Do you call it pool or billiards?

ZandraJoi

Do you call it pool or billiards?

Post by ZandraJoi » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:44 am

Growing up, we had a pool table & we always called it pool. We also had a swimming pool so imagine being a young kid learning that difference lol While I was not good at it, my parents still have a pool table & we play games on it sometimes when we visit them. Just brings back memories. I don't care to watch it, or any sport really for that matter. I rather be in on the game.
Do you like playing it? Are you pretty good?

Shortie

Re: Do you call it pool or billiards?

Post by Shortie » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:19 pm

I have heard it called both where I live but I was always brought up to call it pool from a young age. I was brought up to know that the game with the cue ball, 15 reds, yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and black was snooker and the ones with the solids and stripes was 8 ball pool and then you have 9 ball pool.

Heatman

Re: Do you call it pool or billiards?

Post by Heatman » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:08 am

ZandraJoi wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:44 am Growing up, we had a pool table & we always called it pool. We also had a swimming pool so imagine being a young kid learning that difference lol While I was not good at it, my parents still have a pool table & we play games on it sometimes when we visit them. Just brings back memories. I don't care to watch it, or any sport really for that matter. I rather be in on the game.
Do you like playing it? Are you pretty good?
It actually got me a little confused when I was still a kid growing up but at one point, I learnt to use the name differently and not call them both pool 😂.

I started playing at the age of 8 years old and I can say that I'm very good at it now because I never stopped. After football, it's my next favorite.