What phone manufacturing company would you stay away from?

Shortie

What phone manufacturing company would you stay away from?

Post by Shortie » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:58 pm

When it comes to phone manufacturing companies, there are some companies you would prefer to use and then their are companies that you may have used in the past and have had a bad experience with and not want to ever trust again due to that bad experience.

I remember back when I was younger, I had an Alcatel phone and as much as the phone was good, it ended up not working properly and when we took it back for a refund/replacement we were told it had to be sent off for repair. We allowed that and when the store we bought it from got it back, they told us that they had to charge us for the repair as it was damp that had caused the issue with the phone and that I had more than likely taken it near water or into the bathroom with me and that was what caused the issue. This was not the case and we feel they were trying to find excuses to charge us for the repair. We ended up fighting them, got a refund and I got a new phone away from Alcatel and ever since, I have always avoided them and their phones.

Have you ever had a bad experience with a phone company?

Heatman

Re: What phone manufacturing company would you stay away from?

Post by Heatman » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:39 am

Itel, Tecno, Oppo, Winko or Wiko are the smartphone companies that I would never use their products. I will never even take them as a gift. They are crap smartphone companies. If it's not Samsung or Apple iPhone, I'm not interested in using.

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:10 am

Heatman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:39 am Itel, Tecno, Oppo, Winko or Wiko are the smartphone companies that I would never use their products. I will never even take them as a gift. They are crap smartphone companies. If it's not Samsung or Apple iPhone, I'm not interested in using.
I have been using Samsung for a couple of years now, and most of their devices have been superb for me. I once used a Tecno device, and it served me well before the battery got bad. So, I can't base my conclusion on your experience that the tecno phone is that bad as I have used one that served me well in the past.

deucher

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:56 pm

I would just stay away from all cheap Chinese smartphones that seem to be able to work great and they are very cheap as manufacturers make money, in fact it is just a bunch of crap that may work correctly for a couple of months and then start to hang and give errors.