Switch to Sugar Alternatives: What is the Best Alternative to Sugar?

Daisy

Switch to Sugar Alternatives: What is the Best Alternative to Sugar?

Post by Daisy » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:51 am

Most of us have sweet tooth. Even if we are not sweet tooth, we are eating a lot of sweet foods, from chocolates to ice creams and cakes, to sauce, ketchup, jellies, jams, and sodas, most of the foods we eat contain sugar.

Sugar is not good for our health, it adds extra calories to our foods, it causes blood sugar, it causes acidity, etc. If you want to lose weight you need to stop consuming sugar and sugary foods.

Here are some sugar alternatives:

Jaggery

Consumption of jaggery on a regular basis helps in keeping the stomach healthy by stimulating the secretion of digestive enzyme.

Honey

Use honey on your bread instead of jam, use honey to sweeten your milkshake instead of sugar, use honey in your lemonade. There are numerous ways to use honey and get the health benefits.

Ravenfreak

Re: Switch to Sugar Alternatives: What is the Best Alternative to Sugar?

Post by Ravenfreak » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:25 pm

There are some sugar alternatives such as stevia and splenda you can add to substitute for sugar. If you drink soda you can switch to zero sugar or diet flavors as well. It's best to avoid snack cakes or other desserts as they have high sugar contents.

deucher

Re: Switch to Sugar Alternatives: What is the Best Alternative to Sugar?

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:49 am

In my opinion, you should not look for a substitute for sugar, but simply get rid of it. For example, I am still in the process of giving up sugar, but I do not regret its substitutes and try to eat everything as before, but without sugar at all. Of course, sugar can be mixed with honey, which will be very natural, but honey has a completely different consistency, it cannot be used in cappuccino, for example, because it will simply have a different taste.