Do you take vitamin D supplements?

Shortie

Post by Shortie » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:03 pm

Living in the UK myself, we tend to get sunshine but due to how our weather is, sometimes getting enough to help with vitamin D is not always possible and because of that, we are asked to take vitamin D supplements each day to ensure we get enough vitamin D.

I myself found out that I have a vitamin D deficiency and have to ensure that I take a high dose of vitamin D each day to ensure my body has enough.

Debashis

Re: Do you take vitamin D supplements?

Post by Debashis » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:33 pm

No , I don't take any Vitamin D supplements. It's already so sunny here that there's no need of taking any extra supplements. We get it naturally. Whenever we feel the need of it, we just go for a walk. We get Vitamin D + tan . xD

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:29 am

Nope, I have never taken any Vitamin D supplements in my life. The only supplement I can remember taking is Vitamin C. It was when I had some wounds in my mouth the supplement was prescribed by my doctor. After that incident, I've not taken it again.

deucher

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:07 pm

I take vitamin D only in winter when there is also not enough sun, but I can't say that it helps much. Maybe I need a higher dose or something because I feel so tired in the winter.

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:45 am

Whether you need to take vitamin D supplements depends on various factors, including your diet, lifestyle, geographic location, and sun exposure. Vitamin D is primarily synthesized by the skin when exposed to sunlight, but factors like sunscreen use, skin pigmentation, and limited sun exposure can lead to deficiency. In such cases, supplementation may be necessary to maintain adequate vitamin D levels, especially during winter months or for individuals at higher risk of deficiency, such as older adults, people with darker skin, or those with limited sun exposure. It's essential to consult with a healthcare professional to determine your specific needs.

Bizdustry.com

Post by Bizdustry.com » Sat Aug 31, 2024 4:59 am

I don’t take Vitamin D Supplements. It is currently Summer here in the UK and at the moment, there is enough daylight to naturally absorb Vitamin D. However even in the food we eat it has Vitamins especially if you aim for your 5 a day.

Uptrend

Post by Uptrend » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:51 am

I do take vitamin D supplements. It's very benefial during winter or with a limited sun exposure. Since I've been taking the vitamin D shots, I’ve noticed a difference in my health.