Do eat before workout or after workouts?

Heatman

Do eat before workout or after workouts?

Post by Heatman » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:09 am

So, I'm wondering how you guys do it. Do you eat before going to the gym to workout or do you go to the gym and workout to eat after you're back home?

I heard some people eat before going to the gym especially if they are not hitting the gym early in the morning. I'm not sure if I would eat before workouts because it's going to make me lazy to do anything.

Hiw about you?

The Raven

Re: Do eat before workout or after workouts?

Post by The Raven » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:16 am

Hmmm, well, I prefer after workout because when you intake the food, your body starts digesting it and brain sends more focus on doing that rather than anything else. But, if I go to gym without eating and then exercise, there is nothing to iritate my stomach during exercise. It happened to me before to vomit because I ate before going to gym. Never again.

Riberet19

Post by Riberet19 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:20 pm

Look is very simple, I eat after doing physical exercise, basically when you eat something before training the blood will go to the stomach and not to the muscles which are where the blood is needed at that time for muscle pumping, digestion needs a lot of blood flowing in the intestines and the stomach which will probably make you perform less than you could perform in the training

deucher

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:26 pm

Never eat before because it is very difficult regardless of what food to eat. When the body is working, it cannot perform physical exercises well, so you need to do one thing. And after training, you can then eat because you will rest physically and then the stomach will digest the food.