Do you feel enough is done for people who have mental health problems?

Shortie

Do you feel enough is done for people who have mental health problems?

Post by Shortie » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:06 am

When it comes to mental health, many people usually go along in life not ever getting the help they need because they are either not taken seriously or the amount of help they need is not offered to them.

What are your thoughts on how mental health is handled? Do you feel that enough support is given to people who suffer with mental health or do you feel more needs to be done for people who need more support than what they already receive?

deucher

Re: Do you feel enough is done for people who have mental health problems?

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:49 pm

In my opinion, not much has been done. Of course, I can't speak about other countries, and as far as I'm concerned, almost nothing has been done in the world for such people, because such diseases are still not treated in the same way as physical ones.

Jason76

Re: Do you feel enough is done for people who have mental health problems?

Post by Jason76 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:17 am

In the US, for instance, the mentally ill are being herded into prisons, the new mental hospitals. How is it in your land? Anyway, this whole thing is a shame because, on one hand, conservatives talk about private institutions helping the mentally ill, but they don't, and liberals cannot get the whole pre-Reagan situation (I think.) where the mentally ill were in mental hospitals.

What do you all feel about this? What can be done? Why does it seem like churches and other private institutions are not doing enough?