How can I overcome feelings of shame and low self-worth stemming from childhood trauma?

Brenda

How can I overcome feelings of shame and low self-worth stemming from childhood trauma?

Post by Brenda » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:17 am

Seek therapy with a trauma-informed therapist to process past experiences and develop coping strategies for healing. Challenge negative beliefs about yourself with evidence-based reasoning and self-compassion. Engage in activities that promote self-esteem and self-care, such as journaling, creative expression, or volunteering. Surround yourself with supportive individuals who validate your experiences and value your worth.

Jude

Re: How can I overcome feelings of shame and low self-worth stemming from childhood trauma?

Post by Jude » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:22 pm

seek professional help, such as trauma-focused therapies like EMDR or CBT, to process and reframe experiences. This is the best approach. You can also practice self-compassion and use positive affirmations to challenge negative beliefs. Journaling and mindfulness can help release emotions and stay grounded. Building a supportive network and setting healthy boundaries are crucial for protection and validation.