How can I improve my vertical jump for sports like basketball or volleyball?

Zelda

How can I improve my vertical jump for sports like basketball or volleyball?

Post by Zelda » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:50 pm

To improve your vertical jump for sports like basketball or volleyball, focus on exercises that target explosive lower-body power and strength. Incorporate plyometric exercises like jump squats, box jumps, and depth jumps to improve fast-twitch muscle fiber recruitment and enhance vertical leap. Additionally, include strength training exercises such as squats, lunges, and deadlifts to build overall lower-body strength and stability. Practice jumping technique and landing mechanics to maximize power and efficiency, and gradually increase intensity and volume of training to continue making progress in vertical jump performance.

Henrywrites

Re: How can I improve my vertical jump for sports like basketball or volleyball?

Post by Henrywrites » Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:53 pm

This is true. I remember a friend that is into basketball always training and build the body parts mentioned above. It has helped him to jump better during their games.

Heatman

Re: How can I improve my vertical jump for sports like basketball or volleyball?

Post by Heatman » Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:43 pm

Unfortunately, deadlifts isn't my thing when it comes to working out. But the rest of them like squats, lunges and many more are always among my set when working out.