How do you introduce gaming to parents who may have reservations about its impact on their children?

Luca

How do you introduce gaming to parents who may have reservations about its impact on their children?

Post by Luca » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:42 pm

Introducing gaming to parents who have reservations involves addressing their concerns with factual information about the benefits of gaming, such as improved cognitive skills, problem-solving abilities, and social interaction. Providing examples of age-appropriate games and discussing strategies for responsible gaming can also reassure parents and alleviate their concerns.

Jojo

Re: How do you introduce gaming to parents who may have reservations about its impact on their children?

Post by Jojo » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:01 pm

To introduce gaming to concerned parents, I'd highlight its positive aspects, like problem-solving skills and social interaction. I'd explain that gaming can be a fun way for kids to relax and learn, but moderation is key. I'd suggest setting time limits and encouraging breaks for physical activity. I'd also recommend playing together as a family to understand the games and bond. Showing how gaming can be a positive experience with boundaries can ease parents' reservations.

Kane

Re: How do you introduce gaming to parents who may have reservations about its impact on their children?

Post by Kane » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 am

To foster parental appreciation for kids' gaming activities, open communication is key. Discuss the educational and social benefits of gaming, emphasizing problem-solving skills and creativity. Establish clear boundaries for gaming time and showcase responsible gaming habits. Invite parents to participate occasionally, fostering bonding and mutual understanding. Highlight achievements and moderate gaming habits, balancing them with other activities. By demonstrating a balanced approach and emphasizing the positive aspects of gaming, parents can come to appreciate and support their kids' gaming interests.

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:09 am

Unfortunately, my parents are not supportive of gaming even today. My mother stopped me from playing games when I was still a kid. I couldn't start playing games until I was almost 12 years old. Other kids started playing games at 4-5 years but not me.