Do you like to always have the latest devices?

Shortie

Do you like to always have the latest devices?

Post by Shortie » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:04 pm

If you are someone that is into technology and you tend to always keep track of the latest technology and when it is released, you may also be the kind that may prefer to buy the latest technology devices as well when they release.

I myself have technology in my home from TVs to PCs, game consoles and even mobile phones but I will admit, I am not someone who always likes to have the latest devices as they release.

What about you? Do you like to have the latest devices when they release or do you tend to wait?

Ravenfreak

Re: Do you like to always have the latest devices?

Post by Ravenfreak » Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:51 am

It depends on the device. If it's a phone or tv, I can wait however if it's the latest game console I'd like to try and get it as soon as possible. For example I just got a new tv for Christmas last year, my spouse and I had been using the same one we got in 2014. Games look much better on my new tv but I honestly wasn't bothered by using a 1080p display for my games for a long time. I've had my iPhone XR for two years now and even got it when it was already somewhat outdated.

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:41 am

When it comes to upgrading my devices, if it's my smartphone, I usually upgrade every 2 years. I can't be upgrading my smartphone every year like most people do. It's a good feeling to use new phones when they are released but that's an expenses I can't afford to make.

deucher

Post by deucher » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:44 pm

I would like to have them, because if they are new, then they are the most powerful, and I like it when all programs load quickly, but every year they increase in price, even if nothing changes much, but even if I wanted to, I could not afford to always buy the latest version of devices

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:13 pm

deucher wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:44 pm I would like to have them, because if they are new, then they are the most powerful, and I like it when all programs load quickly, but every year they increase in price, even if nothing changes much, but even if I wanted to, I could not afford to always buy the latest version of devices
The price increases doesn't make sense as far as I am concerned. So, there is no point trying to change devices on a yearly basis.

Kennysplash

Post by Kennysplash » Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:43 am

Of course I like to have it, but money is the issue. I desire to upgrade my iPhone to the latest one, but I dare not try it. I don’t even have the financial capacity to do so. So as long as the older versions are still working, I am good to go. I will upgrade when I can.

Bizdustry.com

Post by Bizdustry.com » Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:56 am

I’ll only have the latest products if there is benefit to do so. For example my contract ending and my phone company offering 0% on a new phone. So, only in some circumstances.

Smokey

Post by Smokey » Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:11 pm

If i have the funds to do so, yes. However, that's not always the case so I don't tend to get the latest of the latest. For example:

I have a brand new Alienware M18 R2 laptop from earlier this year, but my phone is a Galaxy S21+ from late 2021/early 2022.

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:34 am

I don't have money to buy new devices every now and then. It is not something that I enjoy doing. My main focus is always on ensuring that I am able to make better use of the one that I am using at the moment until it becomes old.

Ginger

Post by Ginger » Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:48 am

I would love to buy that would mean a lot of investment which I feel is unnecessary and we should not spend money like that.