Depression and weight gain

The Raven

Depression and weight gain

Post by The Raven » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:33 pm

Have you ever noticed that very fat people continue the cycle of eating and being depressed as a fact they are fat. I have seen some television episodes where they have like 200kg and they complain about depression how boyfriend left them and then they started eating and afterwards they became depressed because they are fat and to solve that they ate even more. It became a vicious cycle they struggle to get out of.
What you guys think of it?

Debashis

Re: Depression and weight gain

Post by Debashis » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:45 pm

Depression can indeed contribute to weight gain for some individuals. Changes in appetite, emotional eating, reduced physical activity, and medication side effects are common factors. It's crucial for anyone experiencing this to seek professional help, as addressing the underlying depression is essential for overall well-being and managing weight effectively.

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:59 pm

Lots of people do emotionally turn to food to help them cope with their depression. When you're in a spiral like that, you don't see things clearly and the cycle continues. Plus it's hard to lose weight when you're already that size, their bodies crave more food. That's why you'll see lots of people fail their diets on shows like My 600 lb life. It's sad for those who want the help, but are stuck in their own depression.

Timgab

Post by Timgab » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:54 pm

If I have any friend like this who looks unto eating more to subside his or her depression, get ready to be more depressed cause I won't stop laughing and bringing up the obesity topic each time we meet. 😁😁😂😂

aylena

Post by aylena » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:35 pm

Based on what I have read I believe there is a connection between depression and weight gain. Depression can lead to changes in appetite and eating habits, often resulting in overeating or craving high-calorie, comfort foods. Reduced physical activity due to low energy levels also contributes to weight gain. Actually, some antidepressant medications have weight gain as a side effect.

May

Post by May » Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:56 pm

During my battle with depression, I noticed a significant weight gain. The constant low mood and lack of motivation led me to comfort eat, often choosing high-calorie, unhealthy foods. Additionally, my decreased energy made it hard to stay active, which compounded the weight gain. It was a challenging time, as managing my depression and its effects on my weight required addressing both my mental health and lifestyle habits.

Divine

Post by Divine » Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:02 pm

Depression can lead to both weight gain and weight loss. Some individuals may overeat or choose unhealthy foods for comfort, leading to weight gain. Others might experience a loss of appetite and reduced food intake, resulting in weight loss. Individual responses to depression vary significantly