Do you feel heading out for a walk helps with your mental health?

Shortie

Do you feel heading out for a walk helps with your mental health?

Post by Shortie » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:30 am

Being that I am someone who suffers from depression, anxiety, and even stress, one thing I have found is that I can go out for a walk, and whilst it doesn't fully get rid of my mental health, it can help how I feel during that time just getting out of the house, getting some fresh air and seeing a change of scenery. As long as I go for a walk at quieter times and I am with someone I feel like getting out and having even a walk for 30 minutes helps me feel better than what I did before I went out.

Do you feel heading out for a walk helps your mental health? How often do you try to head out for a walk each week?

Jude

Re: Do you feel heading out for a walk helps with your mental health?

Post by Jude » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:14 pm

heading out for a walk significantly helps with my mental health. The combination of fresh air, physical activity, and a change of scenery boosts my mood and reduces stress. Walking also provides time for reflection and mental clarity, allowing me to disconnect from daily pressures and reconnect with myself, leading to improved overall well-being.

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:17 pm

Each time that I am very confused about life, I end up taking a walk. It is one of the ways to stay focused and relaxed after doing this alone. So, I believe it can help anyone looking to clear their head.

Illa

Post by Illa » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:18 pm

Walking benefits mental health by reducing stress, improving mood, and boosting cognitive function. It triggers the release of endorphins, which act as natural mood lifters. Regular walks can also decrease anxiety and depression by providing a calming routine and exposure to nature. Plus, the physical activity helps regulate sleep patterns, further supporting mental well-being.