Do you like spicy foods?

Shortie

Do you like spicy foods?

Post by Shortie » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:53 pm

Spicy foods are something that many people can either tolerate or just do not like to have at all. It really depends on the kind of tolerance you have to spicy foods that depends on how spicy you can have food. Some people love their food to be extra spicy whereas some people prefer it to just be enough it has that kick but it's not overpowering.

I myself used to love having spicy foods as long as they were not too spicy but since I had my gallbladder removed, any kind of spicy foods now tend to give me a lot of heartburn and can be quite a problem so I either try to avoid them or if I do have them, I will ensure that I have something in that works well to get rid of my heartburn.

Are you someone who likes spicy foods or do you prefer to avoid spicy? How spicy do you like your food if you are a spicy person?

ZandraJoi

Re: Do you like spicy foods?

Post by ZandraJoi » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:13 pm

I can eat some jalapenos provided they are on the mild side. A bit of spiciness enhances the flavor, too much & your tongue is on fire where you can't enjoy the dish!
For those who eat spicy foods, did you grow up with eating it? How do you get used to the burning sensation?

Aerodynamic

Post by Aerodynamic » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:01 am

I like spicy foods, and my stomach usually handles it very well. What comes after handles a bit less. :P

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Thu May 11, 2023 4:36 am

Spicy food always causes me stomach issues. That is the only reason that I don't enjoy eating them. Just make the spices to be moderate, if you want me to eat a particular food.

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak » Fri May 12, 2023 12:27 am

I enjoy eating spicy foods here and there. I like adding jalapenos to my subs whenever I go to Subway, but I often don't get too many. I also enjoy eating spicy beef ramen, but I can't handle the fire bowls. Those are just too spicy. :lol:

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:53 pm

Ravenfreak wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:27 am I enjoy eating spicy foods here and there. I like adding jalapenos to my subs whenever I go to Subway, but I often don't get too many. I also enjoy eating spicy beef ramen, but I can't handle the fire bowls. Those are just too spicy. :lol:
My body system will take time to adjust to eating spicy food. I have struggled to get used to eating it even when I had a roommate at school that enjoyed eating spicy food, it was a struggle for all of us back then because he had to adjust for me.

Riberet19

Post by Riberet19 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:37 am

I am a great lover of spicy food, seriously, it is the food that I like the most, every time I go to a Mexican restaurant I ask for all the hot sauces they have, I even eat raw and whole jalapeños in one bite, I have a fairly trained tongue for spicy food.

deucher

Post by deucher » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:37 pm

I just hate it and I don't understand people who love it because there is no way you can feel the taste of the food, it just bakes and you feel a sharpness in your mouth that has no taste and then you need to spend time to drown it out. And also it's just incredibly bad for the stomach, so I hate everything spicy.

Bizdustry.com

Post by Bizdustry.com » Sat Aug 31, 2024 5:20 am

I am honestly not a huge fan of spicy foods. They just don’t agree with me - perhaps this will change as I become older. But at the moment, it’s too hot and takes my mind away from enjoying a meal to recovering…

Brenda

Post by Brenda » Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:44 pm

I do enjoy spicy foods! I love the kick and depth of flavor that spices add to dishes. Whether it's spicy curry, hot salsa, or a bit of chili in a stew, I find that the heat can really enhance the taste. Plus, some spices have health benefits, like boosting metabolism. Do you like spicy foods, or are you more into milder flavors?