Have You Tried Ayurveda?

Daisy

Have You Tried Ayurveda?

Post by Daisy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:46 am

Ayurveda is a natural medicinal system believed to have originated about 3000 years ago. Ayurveda is normally classified as pseudoscientific, however, this medicinal system is popular in many countries. I have tried Ayurvedic medicines a couple of times and they really worked. Have you tried Ayurveda?

Nathan

Re: Have You Tried Ayurveda?

Post by Nathan » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:04 pm

I have tried Ayurvedic supplements/medicines such as Shilajit, Ashwagandha, Brahmi, and Shatavari. I experienced some good results especially Shilajit and Ashwagandha. I took Shilajit for virility and Ashwagandha for mental strength.

Dilip

Post by Dilip » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 pm

Yes, they are very helpful.

If you know the right kind of herbs, we can prepare some of them ourselves.

ZandraJoi

Post by ZandraJoi » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 pm

My definition of alternative vs modern medicine is how they approach it. Alternative focuses on the whole body. Modern, just on the symptom. If you treat just the symptom without getting to the root of the problem, you'll never get better. I've researched Ayurveda before, as well as many other alternative medicines. It's based off of 3 dosha types- vata, kapha, pitta. While I never subscribed to the dosha types, I had learned a lot about keeping healthy.
Some use it as a stand-alone for health, others in association with conventional modern medicine. For those who are into Ayurveda, do you use it alone or combine it with others?

micron

Post by micron » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:03 am

Ayurvedic medicines are excellent and we tried 2 or 3 times, but worked once and they are pretty good than normal medicines. I have heard lot of good things and here too hearing from you all.

Shortie

Post by Shortie » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 pm

I can't say I have ever tried this, in fact this is the first time I have heard of this kind of healing, to be honest, I have heard of many other forms of natural healing but definitely not this one. It does have me intrigued though so I am going to research more into this.

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:46 pm

Yes, I have tried Ayurveda healing methods. Some of the methods I have tried are:

Abhyanga
Abhyanga involves a daily self-massage with warm herbal oils to improve circulation and detoxify the body.

Panchakarma
Panchakarma is a comprehensive detoxification therapy that includes methods like oil massages, steam baths, and enemas to cleanse the body of toxins.

Ayurvedic Diet
Following an Ayurvedic diet, tailored to your dosha (body type), helps balance bodily energies and promotes overall health.