Do you use OTC Medicines?

Daisy

Do you use OTC Medicines?

Post by Daisy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:41 am

Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines are the medicines that do not require prescription to buy from the pharmacy. OTC medicines are nonprescription medicines like paracetamol. ibuprofen, etc. Do you use OTC medicines?

Nathan

Re: Do you use OTC Medicines?

Post by Nathan » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:02 am

Yes, I frequently use OTC Medicines (I mean whenever I need to use them). However, if the symptoms persist, I also consult health care provider because symptoms like fever should not be treated lightly.

Alisa

Post by Alisa » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 pm

Do we have a choice? Well, since these medicines do not need any prescription, I believe it is perfectly ok to buy these medicines and take whenever necessary. However, you need to be careful about the doses.

cmoneyspinner

Post by cmoneyspinner » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:28 pm

OTC medicines. It was January 1977. I can still remember it clearly. The first thing I realized when my husband and I got married was that our medicine cabinet in the bathroom had empty shelves. All of my unmarried life I had taken this for granted. My mom always had OTC medicines in the bathroom. Something for headaches or body aches and pains like aspirin or Tylenol, something for upset stomach or diarrhea (like Pepto Bismol), a cough syrup (like Robitussin), something for flu-like symptoms (such as Nyquill), ointment for itching, scrapes or burns, etc. I immediately went to the drugstore and bought OTC medicines to fill my medicine cabinet, just like mom. :D

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:49 am

There is no way I'm going to use over the counter drugs when it comes to treating myself because I know the implications of doing that which is not good. It is why I always have my doctor on a speed dial when it comes to needing information about the drugs I need to take.

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:38 am

I make use of over the counter medicines such as flagyl, paracetamol and de-wormers whenever I have the need to use them. The only challenge with making use of any of those medicines is that you may end up getting addicted to it without knowing. So, in some cases, I visit the doctor for proper checkups.

ZandraJoi

Post by ZandraJoi » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:19 pm

I am more for holistic, alternative which includes herbals as a first resort. However, I'm not against using OTC medicines. If you do use them, be sure to follow the dose & check for interactions, even with herbals.
Is there any kind of OTC medicine that you have found you need to use quite often? While I'm for natural, I still have to take Advil if I get a pounding headache as Meadowsweet doesn't help.