Medicinal Teas

cmoneyspinner

Medicinal Teas

Post by cmoneyspinner » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:37 pm

I have been watching a lot of Korean dramas lately and I am learning a lot about various medicinal teas. When I was growing up we only drank Lipton, which was orange pekoe tea. I didn't know there was such a thing as medicinal teas.

Later on, in my adulthood, they started selling all different kinds of herbal teas at the grocery store. There were so many you didn't know what to choose. Even so, I was only interested in drinking the tea, not in seeking out a cure for anything.

My daughter believes in alternative medicine or natural remedies. She would go nuts buying medicinal teas. There was a tea that reduces cholesterol, another one that lowers your blood pressure, etc., etc.

Quite by accident I discovered turmeric tea.
~ My late husband had a heart condition and would drink turmeric tea because he said it helped relieve chest pain.
~ One time I got sick with flu and cold-like symptoms. I drank the turmeric tea and could immediately feel myself getting better,

There is a reason why Indians call turmeric gold!

I'm not a medical professional, but I honestly believe that if you make turmeric tea, it could probably cure any ailment! :D

Do you use medicinal teas?

Nathan

Re: Medicinal Teas

Post by Nathan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:41 am

I like adding, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper in my tea. Some people call it spiced tea but I like to call it medicinal tea. This tea is very good of you are suffering from cold and cough.

ZandraJoi

Post by ZandraJoi » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:22 pm

I use a variety of herbs to make "medicinal teas". It depends on what ails me or my family. Turmeric, ginger, fennel are all staples. We buy herbs in bulk pound bags to get our money's worth.

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:46 am

Ginseng tea is one of the best herbal tea old Korean people used to treat a lot of sickness. I also have taken some of it and it's very efficient and effective with detoxification.

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:49 pm

Medicinal and herbal teas can offer health benefits. For example, green tea, rich in antioxidants like catechins, may reduce heart disease risk by up to 31%. Peppermint tea aids digestion and may relieve irritable bowel syndrome symptoms. Chamomile tea can help improve sleep quality. However, while these teas can complement health, they should not replace medical treatments. Always consult healthcare providers before using them as remedies.

Ja sa bong

Post by Ja sa bong » Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:01 am

I am not always into drinking of any kind of tea but ever since I found out how medicinal taking black tea can be with helping my body too detoxify very well, I've made it a habit of always taking black tea at least three times in a week. It has been very helpful.

TheBeast

Post by TheBeast » Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:39 pm

Medicinal teas like ginger, chamomile, and peppermint offer various benefits: ginger can aid digestion, chamomile promotes relaxation, and peppermint soothes headaches. While they can support health and alleviate symptoms, they aren’t cures for diseases. They complement conventional treatments but shouldn’t replace medical advice. Their benefits are often more about prevention and symptom relief than cure.