Do you take any medication for your mental health?

Shortie

Do you take any medication for your mental health?

Post by Shortie » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:16 am

When it comes to mental health such as depression or anxiety many doctors will recommend some kind of medication to help you with your mental health if other methods do not work. This is not always the first option for your doctor until other options are tried though.

Do you take any kind of medication for your mental health?

I myself take Fluoxetine and Amitriptyline for my Fibromyalgia which helps with pain, migraines, sleep, and also depression, and anxiety.

Heatman

Re: Do you take any medication for your mental health?

Post by Heatman » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:36 am

I don't have any mental health issues, so I don't have to take any drugs for it. It's only not being able to sleep that's been a very big problem for me and I need to do something about it the sooner the better. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a mental health problem.

The Raven

Post by The Raven » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:23 am

I am taking medication for epilepsy and medication to make me relaxed. I got epilepsy for a great part of my life but the other one for calming me down is added because I had episodes of suicide, twice, and quite a depression. So, having that in mind it is not strange they gave me that to drink. Personally, I think I will stop drinking depression pills because I feel much more better and I need to get out of zombie mode.

Riberet19

Post by Riberet19 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:14 pm

I do not have any mental problems, so I do not take any medication, nor have I ever taken it, although as I understand my country is in the number 1 ranking of countries where more antidepressants are taken, a pity to hear that.

Cory

Post by Cory » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:45 pm

Yes, I'm on some medication to help alleviate anxiety and bipolar symptoms. It sucks having to shove pills down our throats every day for mental health issues, but you got to do what you got to do to stay mentally fit.

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:37 pm

No, I have never had a mental issue that made me take any drugs. I know it can be challenging sometimes, but sticking to the belief that everything is going to be alright has made things become better for me. I guess I got better because I have always believed everything will be alright.

deucher

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:36 pm

Not now, but 2 years ago when I was somewhat addicted to computer games, I really damaged my body in terms of sleep and also became very irritable, so I often started taking valerian to calm down. Fortunately, I left the games in the past and my health has stabilized and I no longer need to take any pills.