Do you do HIIT?

Daisy

Do you do HIIT?

Post by Daisy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 am

High Intensity Interval Training is a workout method where you do intense training for 1 minute followed by period of rest for the same or even more amount of time. For example, if you run vigorously for 1 minute, you will have to stop for one minute or walk very slowly for one minute. The average session of HIIT can last upto 30 minutes.

Nathan

Re: Do you do HIIT?

Post by Nathan » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:09 pm

I don't do HIIT. I like doing low impact exercises like jogging, walking, cycling, swimming, etc. I don't even go to a gym

cmoneyspinner

Post by cmoneyspinner » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:17 pm

You have introduced me to something brand new. I have never heard of HIIT. But I can tell you, It's not likely that I will try it. Brisk walking is more my speed and I can't even make myself go for a walk! LOL. :lol:

ZandraJoi

Post by ZandraJoi » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:45 pm

I used to do HIIT workouts years ago but have found this high intensity doesn't work for my body like it used to as I've gotten older. One of the benefits to it is you get more bang for your buck. It mixes cardio with strength training & is great for any age & fitness level. Beginners just have to go slower. For those who do HIIT, is there a certain method you like to follow?

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:09 pm

I’ve tried HIIT, but I find that other exercises suit me better. While HIIT is great for quick, intense workouts, I prefer activities like running or strength training that allow me to pace myself and focus on form. These exercises feel more sustainable for my fitness goals, giving me a balance of endurance, strength, and mental clarity.