Relation Between Work and Mental Health

Daisy

Relation Between Work and Mental Health

Post by Daisy » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:09 am

If you are working for a company, the average retirement age is 60 years. However, if you are a freelancer, a business owner, or a self-employed individual, you can retire whenever you want provided you have built your income source. In my opinion, working is not only about making money or earning livelihood. Working is also about being mentally, physically and emotionally fit. When you work, you will be emotionally stable, you will build professional relationship, you will build interpersonal skills, all of these things will help you grow as a human beings. If you don't have yo work, or of you don't work and if you are still young (can work), how do you suppose to spend your life, what would you do all day, you can spend your life just traveling, can you spend your life just playing games? Well, I don't think that is possible for normal individual.

Ravenfreak

Re: Relation Between Work and Mental Health

Post by Ravenfreak » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:07 pm

I can definitely spend my days playing video games, I have no problem with that. :lol: If I didn't have to go to work every day, I think my mental health would be a bit better honestly. However, I am in no position to do nothing but freelance work even if that's what I prefer to do. I don't mind my job, it's rewarding and it is physical so I do feel like I've accomplished something but I am also tired a lot because of my job.

Jason76

Re: Relation Between Work and Mental Health

Post by Jason76 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:29 am

Daisy wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:09 am If you are working for a company, the average retirement age is 60 years. However, if you are a freelancer, a business owner, or a self-employed individual, you can retire whenever you want provided you have built your income source. In my opinion, working is not only about making money or earning livelihood. Working is also about being mentally, physically and emotionally fit. When you work, you will be emotionally stable, you will build professional relationship, you will build interpersonal skills, all of these things will help you grow as a human beings. If you don't have yo work, or of you don't work and if you are still young (can work), how do you suppose to spend your life, what would you do all day, you can spend your life just traveling, can you spend your life just playing games? Well, I don't think that is possible for normal individual.
Studying is one useful way to spend time. However, though, the isolation of study can often not be the real world. In fact, it can be a huge disconnect from ordinary people. I mean, look at all the resentment toward intellectuals in the US.