Would you quit a job if it was making you unhappy?

Shortie

Would you quit a job if it was making you unhappy?

Post by Shortie » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:17 pm

Each of us will have a job that we either love or that we tolerate because it helps pay the bills. In some cases you could have a job that you dislike and is making you unhappy but quitting would be the last decision you made as it would mean that you would lose the money until you found a new job so you stick with the job regardless of it making you unhappy.

If you were in a job that was making you unhappy, would you quit and leave regardless of if you had another job lined up?

Henrywrites

Re: Would you quit a job if it was making you unhappy?

Post by Henrywrites » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:01 pm

I am not going to quit as long as the payment is great. I mean what am I going to be doing at home when the bills are coming up. Bills that will definitely take away my happiness, if I fail to pay them. So, I believe that the money brings more happiness to me.

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:09 pm

I've actually done this before. I used to work at Walmart and it was severely stressing me out so instead of just putting my two weeks in, both my spouse and I just quit. This was right around the Holidays too. Thankfully it didn't take me too long to find a new job, and we both had money saved up as well so money wasn't an issue. It was a nice little break I had, but I knew it couldn't last too long. Now I actually enjoy my job, sure it's rough in the summertime but other than that it's a rewarding job and I have supervisors that actually do a good job at not only helping us out when we need it but they also praise us for doing a good job too.

Ja sa bong

Post by Ja sa bong » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:21 pm

If the job is no longer paying me well and I'm being abused at work, unappreciated and looked down on, I will quit the job the minute I find another job. It doesn't matter if the new doesn't pay me better, I will leave for it.

Cory

Post by Cory » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:59 pm

I have quit two of my jobs because they were making me unhappy. I was dealing with anxiety at both stores due to the workload and sometimes due to issues with other employees. I'm currently much more happy with the two jobs I have.

deucher

Post by deucher » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:59 pm

My job is what makes me unhappy but I have no options because I need funds and I can't afford to risk everything because I will just be left on the streets. That's why I'm just collecting funds for my own business and then I'll definitely leave this job.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:49 am

Yes, I would quit a job if it made me unhappy. My mental and emotional well-being are paramount, and staying in a toxic environment would only exacerbate my discontent. Life is too short to endure constant unhappiness. I would prioritize my personal happiness and seek opportunities where I can thrive and feel fulfilled. Quitting may be daunting, but ultimately, it's necessary for my overall happiness and sense of fulfillment in life.