Has an addiction ever caused issues with your family?

Shortie

Has an addiction ever caused issues with your family?

Post by Shortie » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:16 pm

We all become addicted to something in our lives, it could be something such as a game or even something as bad as gambling or maybe worse.

When we become addicted to something, some of us find it easy to be able to move away from it and take a break so that we get out of being addicted but others can struggle. This can often lead to issues with your family or even friends.

Have you ever been addicted to something that had affected your family and caused issues?

Henrywrites

Re: Has an addiction ever caused issues with your family?

Post by Henrywrites » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:23 am

I once had issues with my fiance when I was seriously having issues with controlling gaming addiction. I couldn't even focus and it was a very difficult moment for me then, but glad I was able to survive at the end of the day because I couldn't have forgiven myself, if I lost the friendship because of gaming.

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:59 am

The only addiction that I had was when I was still a kid. It was a gaming addiction. It wasn't anything that could affect my family in any way but only me. As I grew older, the responsibilities I needed to take care of broke the addiction and gave me another priority to work with.

deucher

Post by deucher » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:16 pm

As far as I know, I don't have any addictions, but I know myself and I think that if I started gambling, I would have an addiction, so I always stayed away from it and now I don't start betting because then I won't be able to stop.