How do you manage stress?

Henrywrites

How do you manage stress?

Post by Henrywrites » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:09 am

I went under the weather last week as a result of being stressed out. It was a terrible period that was not easy for me to cope with and recover. I am getting stronger now, but believed that I should have managed it better. How do you manage yours?

Shortie

Re: How do you manage stress?

Post by Shortie » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:53 pm

Managing stress is definitely not one of the things I am good at and unfortunately, with life, you can not avoid stress and it goes by how you deal with stress as to whether you manage it well or not.

I have a few times ended up so run down due to stress it has made me very unwell for a period of time. I do need to get better at managing stress so that I am not hit as hard by being run down when it happens.

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:57 am

It actually depends on what's giving me the stress. If it's something that I can take care of, then that's going to end the stress for me. But in a situation where I can't take care of that which gives me stress, I will just take time off and rest. After resting, I will definitely feel a bit better.

Riberet19

Post by Riberet19 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:35 pm

I usually deal with stress in different ways, but I usually do it doing sports, it is one of the things that helps me a lot to release stress, also sometimes I go for a walk in nature or I also do deep breathing exercises that help me relax and calm the mind, you just have to see what ways to release stress work for you and carry them out.

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:04 pm

I tend to listen to music or play video games to help me destress after a long day. I also try to not let my work affect my mental health, I know there are some tough days where I make mistakes at work and I just have to learn to let them go as soon as I walk out the door. I've gotten much better at managing stress from work thankfully.

Cory

Post by Cory » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:25 am

Most of my stress turns into anxiety, which slowly alleviates itself over time. I try breathing techniques and do things that will take my mind off what I'm stressing about to deter the stress.

deucher

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:12 pm

I understand how difficult it is to overcome it, but stress needs to be dealt with before it starts to manifest itself. For example, when I have a meeting or something important and I know that I can be nervous, I take care of myself and try to adjust as if it is not very important and there is nothing to stress

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:01 am

I manage stress by prioritizing tasks based on urgency and importance, breaking them into smaller steps, and setting realistic goals. I practice mindfulness meditation daily to stay grounded and focused. Regular exercise, adequate sleep, and spending quality time with loved ones help me recharge and maintain balance.

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:16 am

I do yoga. Yoga is an effective way to manage stress by combining physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation. The practice promotes relaxation, reduces muscle tension, and calms the mind, lowering cortisol levels and inducing a sense of well-being. Regular yoga sessions can improve stress resilience, enhance self-awareness, and foster a balanced perspective on life's challenges. By cultivating mindfulness and inner peace, yoga empowers individuals to cope with stressors more effectively and lead a healthier, more harmonious life.

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:52 pm

I explore creative outlets like painting or writing poetry, which help me express and process my feelings. I also use “mindful walks,” where I focus on nature and my breathing to clear my mind. Engaging in random acts of kindness, like volunteering, boosts my mood and shifts my focus away from stress. These personalized methods help me maintain balance and reduce anxiety.