Body shaming

Daisy

Body shaming

Post by Daisy » Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:20 am

Have you ever been a victim of body shaming? Has anyone made fun of you for how you look and appear? Well, I have been made fun of my features multiple times, however, not in an extreme way that I had to go through a lot of stress and trauma.

Alisa

Re: Body shaming

Post by Alisa » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:17 pm

I guess this happens to all of us. People will always find something to comment and sometimes the comments are very offensive. I can easily pass the offensive comments from the people who are completely strangers. However, if it comes from people I know, I can't just tolerate it.

cmoneyspinner

Post by cmoneyspinner » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:44 pm

I have never been the victim of body shaming and I don't know anybody who has. But in my opinion, body shaming, or any kind of "shaming", is not a good thing. People should never be made to feel ashamed of themselves because of their physical appearance. First of all, you don't get to decide that a person has to look a certain way, in order for you to approve of their appearance. However, if you want to encourage someone to pursue health, fitness, and well being, I'm sure you can do that without insulting the person.

Heatman

Post by Heatman » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:00 am

As long as I'm concerned body shaming is very wrong and it's only a fool that is going to get into body-shaming because they feel that his or her own body is perfect while he is completely wrong. Everyone is perfect in their own way.

Shortie

Post by Shortie » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:37 am

I have been a victim of body shaming right from being a small child. The first time I experienced being body shamed was when I was around 5 years old I was a little on the chubby side and I had people in school make fun of me for that. I would also get made fun of for having blonde hair as well and also because I was a short child (still a short adult) I was also made fun of for that which dipped my confidence a lot.

Nowadays though it's very rare if I get body shamed and if I do, I have learned to just take it and push it to the back of my mind instead of letting it get to me.

Ravenfreak

Post by Ravenfreak » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:14 pm

I used to get body shamed when I was a in high school. The main reason was the fact that I would always carry all my books in my backpack, rather than keeping them in my locker. I would be late to my classes if I had to keep going to my locker for everything, so I decided just to keep all my books in my bag. This made me hunch over a bit, so some people would call me hunchback. They eventually stopped calling me that though thankfully.

Henrywrites

Post by Henrywrites » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:34 pm

Ravenfreak wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:14 pm I used to get body shamed when I was a in high school. The main reason was the fact that I would always carry all my books in my backpack, rather than keeping them in my locker. I would be late to my classes if I had to keep going to my locker for everything, so I decided just to keep all my books in my bag. This made me hunch over a bit, so some people would call me hunchback. They eventually stopped calling me that though thankfully.
That must have been a very precarious experience for you. Getting body shamed is something that I wouldn't want to experience, and I am sorry that you had to go through such experience in the past. Hope you feel better and proud of yourself at the moment because that is everything that matters.

The Raven

Post by The Raven » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:07 pm

I think that being blunt can be beneficial for people. First, they will learn how to cope when faced with truth and secondly, words are meant to help them lose weight and get their health better. I have a fat friend and I do call him fat and he laughs and make jokes as well. I see no problem with it. It is in our nature to see things and make a judgement on things. Whatever we see, we do have an opinion and that's very good. Why being fake and say what people want to hear?

deucher

Post by deucher » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:34 pm

I don't know unfortunately or fortunately, but in today's world, only those people who are overweight are laughed at, because, for example, I am almost 2 meters tall and weigh only 60 kilograms, so you can only imagine how fat I am, but I have never noticed ridicule either at school or at work In my opinion, this should not happen in any case, because we do not know what diseases a person is experiencing.

Jason76

Post by Jason76 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:21 am

I seriously don't like it despite the hate I might get from cultural conservatives for it. Well, for one thing, beauty is highly subjective. Anyway, I was teased for being tall and skinny and it does get old. In fact, it's a lot of superficial stuff, I think.

O.K., on a deeper level, this type of teasing does a lot of damage to people, unjustified, especially considering how so many guys actually like thick women, for instance. Who else has noticed this trend?