Which movie or series do you think is the most overrated?

deucher

Which movie or series do you think is the most overrated?

Post by deucher » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:30 pm

It seems to me that most of the films are on the contrary underrated because people want something new and all films are basically repeated, that's why they are given low ratings. For example, the movie 12 Hours is very cool and deserves attention, but it only got a 6. And I consider the movie Shazam 2 to be overrated, because it didn't get very high marks, but in my opinion, it's too much given to it.

Nathan

Re: Which movie or series do you think is the most overrated?

Post by Nathan » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:44 am

In my opinion, the most overrated movie is "Avatar." While groundbreaking in terms of visual effects and 3D technology, the storyline and character development felt clichéd and lacking depth. Despite its record-breaking box office success, the film's narrative failed to leave a lasting impression or offer significant substance beyond its stunning visuals. The hype surrounding "Avatar" seemed disproportionate to its actual impact on cinema or cultural discourse. Ultimately, it's a spectacle-driven film that prioritizes style over substance, making it, in my view, one of the most overrated movies in recent memory.

Daisy

Re: Which movie or series do you think is the most overrated?

Post by Daisy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:03 am

For me overrated movie is "Titanic." While it was a massive commercial success and won numerous awards, its storyline has been criticized for being overly melodramatic and cliché. Some viewers find its romantic plotline contrived and predictable, overshadowing the historical tragedy it depicts. Despite its record-breaking box office performance, "Titanic" is often viewed as more of a spectacle than a genuinely groundbreaking or artistically exceptional film.

As for TV series, "Friends" often receives excessive praise. While it undoubtedly has a dedicated fanbase, its humor and storylines haven't aged well, and it perpetuates certain stereotypes.