How do I prevent and treat golfer's elbow?

WarriorStan

Post by WarriorStan » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:25 am

To prevent golfer's elbow, strengthen the muscles of the forearm and shoulder, use proper technique when playing sports or lifting weights, and avoid repetitive movements that strain the elbow. If you develop golfer's elbow, rest, ice, and elevate the affected arm, and consider wearing a brace or seeking physical therapy for additional support and rehabilitation.

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:17 pm

Golfer's elbow, or medial epicondylitis, is a condition characterized by pain and inflammation on the inner side of the elbow. It is typically caused by repetitive stress or overuse of the forearm muscles, often from activities like golfing, racket sports, or gripping tools. Poor swing mechanics, improper equipment, and inadequate warm-up can also contribute to the development of golfer's elbow.

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:11 pm

To ease symptoms and treat golfer's elbow, rest the affected arm to allow healing. Apply ice packs to reduce inflammation and pain. Use elbow braces or straps to provide support and alleviate strain on the tendon. Perform gentle stretching and strengthening exercises prescribed by a physiotherapist. Additionally, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may help manage pain and inflammation. If symptoms persist, consult a healthcare professional for further evaluation and treatment options.