Old Computers

Ravenfreak

Old Computers

Post by Ravenfreak » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:56 pm

Do you still have a old computer lying around? If so, how old is it and what operating system does it have? I have a old gaming rig that's almost 10 years old. The graphics card was going out in it which is why I eventually stopped using it in 2018. I don't know if it just needed to be cleaned, but I made the switch to a gaming laptop. I know there are quite a few people who still own older pcs that run Windows 98 or XP so they can play oldschool games.

Heatman

Re: Old Computers

Post by Heatman » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:55 am

Well, I believe that gaming system are part of old computers. I still have my Gameboy and it's still working very well. I even played games with it last week. It should be the oldest computer device that I still have which is functioning.

Ginger

Post by Ginger » Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:13 am

I don't have any such old computer or system lying with me and don't like to keep these when I buy new one and mostly sell these to the store from where I get the laptop or computer.

Monster Masterpiece

Post by Monster Masterpiece » Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:59 am

Ginger wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:13 am I don't have any such old computer or system lying with me and don't like to keep these when I buy new one and mostly sell these to the store from where I get the laptop or computer.
People are not all purchasing new computers once a while, while the computer is still functional then they still use it. For example my computer is still working from 2015 until now with some slowness from time to time.

Ginger

Post by Ginger » Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:42 am

We don't need to buy new one as long as the older one is working fine and its best to save money for other important things

Monster Masterpiece

Post by Monster Masterpiece » Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:30 pm

Ginger wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:42 am We don't need to buy new one as long as the older one is working fine and its best to save money for other important things
The best approach is the middle in everything. It is not required to buy new one each year and as long as old gadget still operational with some slowness you could save money however you may buy new one if it doesn't serve anymore for your work. This is to conclude everything.