Does exposure to blue light from screens affect sleep quality?

Suzane

Does exposure to blue light from screens affect sleep quality?

Post by Suzane » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 am

Exposure to blue light, especially before bedtime, can disrupt the body's natural sleep-wake cycle by suppressing the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates sleep. This can lead to difficulty falling asleep and poor sleep quality. Limiting screen time before bed and using blue light filters or glasses can mitigate these effects.

Ginger

Re: Does exposure to blue light from screens affect sleep quality?

Post by Ginger » Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:04 am

I am not sure if this has affected me anytime or not because I mostly keep working on my phone before my bedtime but it's not a good thing and we should not use our phone before bedtime

Monster Masterpiece

Post by Monster Masterpiece » Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:10 am

With the social media bad effect, people would sleep less at night, chatting with their friends hole a night. Then tomorrow as effect, they won't find effort for studies and education. This is the saddest part in the story. It could lead to divorce also between partners @Ginger.

Ginger

Post by Ginger » Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:57 am

I know what you mean but I am not like that, even if I chat with anyone on social networking websites, I don't disturb my sleeping pattern and most of the time sleep and wake up around the same time

Monster Masterpiece

Post by Monster Masterpiece » Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:54 am

Ginger wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:57 am I know what you mean but I am not like that, even if I chat with anyone on social networking websites, I don't disturb my sleeping pattern and most of the time sleep and wake up around the same time
This is the best practice. Because for example social media and work should never be something that disturb relationship between husband and wife or even disturb your study journey for chatting with friends hole night then tomorrow you will not understand a word from lesson.

Ginger

Post by Ginger » Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:57 am

We should try to strike a balance between the two and should never compromise with our health at any cost plus we should not spend so much time on social networking websites